Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Alchemy Catalyst 8.0 - Activation

Today I fought against Alchemy Catalyst. As a TILP CLP, I've got a lifetime license from Alchemy, one of the most interesting takeaways from Level 1, I think.

I installed it on my home computer because I upgrade my office one quite often and always forget to release licenses. So, I wanted to activate Catalyst today and used remote desktop connection to my home computer as usual. Though Catalyst wouldn't activate via terminal service.

I presume this is a sort of "protection" against sharing licenses or whatever, though I didn't like the idea. The only thing that I could not do via remote desktop was activating. Accessing and using the tool is still possible (and thanks for that at least!), but as I needed to use the software immediately I had to drive home to activate it and then back to the office to use it. I love to drive, but not when I'm under the deadline pressure...

Besides that, Catalyst 8.0 seems to be as nice as it was in the age of being Corel Catalyst - one of the first localization tools I tried. Hopefully I'll find something more to write about as I work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment