Wednesday, June 9, 2010

TweetDeck's Unicode Support

Nothing special from me today, just very quick notes.

I noticed yesterday that TweedDeck (isn't it the most often downloadable piece of software at the moment, at least in our industry?) was not showing Cyrillic, and therefore some posts from my friends made in Russian through the sites looked like " - - @ !"

Well, it could be easy to believe sort of just 5-10 years ago, but not now when we have Unicode everywhere. So, I searched TweetDeck's web site and indeed found an answer. Remarkably, the question was asked and then answered by the same person.

By the way, someone in the support thread complained about the inability to search by Cyrillic words - I think it was back in 2009 when the question was asked. My version of TweetDecks easily searches Russian words - at least after switching to international font.

So, if anyone still needs characters other than Latin in TweetDeck and still doesn't know how to turn them on, here's the tricky thing: just select Settings -> Colors/Fonts and select International Font/Twitter Key under TweetDeck Font - that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment